A classic New England stone wall is built to stand the test of time. Built on a firm foundation and following the contour of the landscape, each stone is put into place carefully and selectively so the overall structure of the wall remains solid.
At the Thorndike Company, we believe the route to successful investing takes the same fundamentals. First, we listen to our clients to understand their unique needs and desires to build a foundation of knowledge specifically about them. Second, we help choose the investment strategy that will best work for that specific client. Finally, we adapt to the market, the way the stone wall adapts to the contour of the landscape.
No one can be certain of what the future may bring, but proper planning, strategic positioning, and adapting to change are the tools that have been proven to provide long-term results.
Financial Planning is the process of organizing, evaluating and utilizing your financial resources to define and achieve your life goals. Our plans may include any of the following seven parts:
- Cash Flow Analysis - In the areas of debt reduction, budget planning, or establishing savings.
- Goal Setting - Unless written down in a clear, concise fashion, goals tend to remain just ideas. We write down and help track your financial goals with you.
- Personal Net-Worth Analysis - Benchmarking your balance sheet (assets minus liabilities). Many people are surprised by their net worth because they've never seen it in black and white.
- Income Tax Analysis & Reduction - A thorough examination of your current tax scenario to ensure minimizing your tax liability. We also identify and help create opportunities to redirect cash flow savings above into your retirement accounts.
- Education Planning - It's no small task these days to pay for a college education. We calculate the monthly savings or lump-sum investment needed to meet your goal, as well as help you select the education plan to save for a future education goal.
- Retirement Projections - We'll help you answer the question, "How am I doing?"... more important, "What more can I/we do?" Evaluation of your current retirement savings, and alternative strategies to help ensure greater financial security throughout retirement.
- Estate Planning - Don't let Uncle Sam become your largest heir. Leave what you want, to whom you want, when you want, by planning today, maximizing the transfer of your wealth and control while minimizing taxes.
Complete Portfolio Analysis
- Safety, Performance, Efficiency, Low Expenses & Tax Minimization
- Consolidate & Simplify Accounts
- Manage Portfolio Risk
- Diversify Assets according to goals
- Choose Investments & Portfolio Managers/Funds
- Perform On-going Due Diligence
- Easy-To-Read Gain/Loss Reporting
- Integrate Data for Clients Other Financial Advisors (Attorneys, CPAs)
Complete Life, Disability & Long Term Care Insurance Analysis
- Placement of best products for you
- Pre-Estate Planning Counseling, Saving Time & Money before meeting with your attorney
- Evaluate Best Strategies for Estate Tax Elimination or savings